We all want good health for ourselves and the members of our families, but most of us are uncertain as to the actions we need to take to attain this goal. If we perceive the road to climb as too s ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 06-23-2014
For this week here is a new recipe for those who have a gluten-sensitivity. For those who don’t remember what gluten-sensitivity is you can read past posts about this subject below.
Today we have a lemon-chardonnay grilled chicken. This flavorful meal is great to serve with a quick side of steamed broccoli and gluten free penne.
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons chardonnay or other dry white wine
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
• ½ teaspoon dried dill
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
• 4 (6-oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• Cooking spray
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Add chicken to remaining marinade in bowl, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
• Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bowl, discarding marinade. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a serving platter.
• Stir salt into reserved marinade; spoon evenly over the chicken for that extra flavor.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size 1 chicken breast half)
Calories: 213; fat: 4.6 g (sat 0.9g, mono 2.3g, poly 0.7g); protein 39.4g; carb 0.6g; fiber 0.1g; chol 99mg; iron 1.3mg; sodium 256mg; calc 23mg
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.