For this week here is a new recipe for those who have a gluten-sensitivity. For those who don’t remember what gluten-sensitivity is you can read past posts about this subject below.
Today we have a lemon-chardonnay grilled chicken. This flavorful meal is great to serve with a quick side of steamed broccoli and gluten free penne.
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons chardonnay or other dry white wine
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
• ½ teaspoon dried dill
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
• 4 (6-oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• Cooking spray
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Add chicken to remaining marinade in bowl, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
• Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bowl, discarding marinade. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a serving platter.
• Stir salt into reserved marinade; spoon evenly over the chicken for that extra flavor.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size 1 chicken breast half)
Calories: 213; fat: 4.6 g (sat 0.9g, mono 2.3g, poly 0.7g); protein 39.4g; carb 0.6g; fiber 0.1g; chol 99mg; iron 1.3mg; sodium 256mg; calc 23mg